We only have 8 and a half days of school left!!! I can’t believe it! We have had such a great year together. This week, we are finishing our Math unit with fractions and we will begin getting ready for 3rd grade….multiplication concepts!
***Important Reminder: until the end of the school year, all PLUS and Lunch Accounts will be CASH ONLY, unless your child has a positive balance on their lunch account.
This week, June 12th through 15th, will be End of the Year Benchmarks. In case you don’t recall, Benchmark tests measure your child’s growth, progress, and learning over the course of the school year. Benchmarks are taken school-wide at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year.
As with all tests, please make sure that every day:
- Your child is present at school every day next week.
- Your child is well rested (9-11 hours of sleep!)
- Your child has a nutritious, filling breakfast.
Important Information for 6/11-6/15:
Monday, June 11th – Field Day. Wear something tennis-y!
Tuesday-Friday, June 12-15th: Benchmark Testing on Math and ELA Concepts
Wednesday, June 20 – Trimester 3 Ends
Thursday, June 21 – Last Day of Classes. Dismissal at Noon.
Benchmark Testing this week.
Math: Chapter 11: Fractions & Graphing
Graphing: Picture Graphs, Bar Graphs, Line Plots
Geometry: Break circles and rectangles into halves, thirds, fourths. Name equal parts of circles and rectangles as halves, thirds, and fourths. Understand the terms “half of, third of, fourth of a whole”.
Vocabulary: halves, thirds, fourths, equal parts, whole
Reading/ELA (English Language Arts):
- Benchmark Testing this week.
- Story: Snow Monsters Do Drink Hot Chocolate (in class)
- Grammar: Using a, an, and the
- We use ‘a’ if the word starts with a consonant: a dog, a butterfly
- We use ‘an’ if the word starts with a vowel: an ostrich, an inch
- We use ‘the’ to reference something specifically.
- “Have you seen a car?” vs. “Have you seen the car?”
- Writing: Informative Writing: Introduction, 2 or 3 points with details, and a Conclusion
Social Studies: Unit 3 Lesson 5: Freedom for All
Vocabulary: slavery, Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman, The Drinking Gourd
Science: Health and Nutrition
Vocabulary: 5 Food Groups, nutrients, fiber, exercise, digestive system
Religion: Paul’s Nephew Saves his Life; Paul is Shipwrecked
May the Fruit of the Spirit grow in you!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. – Galatians 5:22-23